David and I have been wanting to get more involved in the community, after all we are in a small town. Things have been tight money wise and so part of me getting involved was getting a job substituting at the schools (elementary only). It has been awesome! I love walking down the hall and hearing "Hi Ms. Katrina" or "Hi Ms. K." especially when I haven't been there for a week or so. It has been awesome to know that I have teachers asking for me to sub for them. I even had one teacher get mad because they took me off the list to work in her group because I had hurt my back while working with that group. So she talked to me yesterday and I explained what happened and she asked the secretary to put me back on the list. It makes me feel good to know I have been doing my best and it is paying off. I love hearing the kids tell me that I am the best sub ever. =) So this has been my way into the community and I have loved it!
For a while now people have been asking David to either become a coach for city league basketball or a ref. (which he refuses to do because he doesn't like to be the one on the receiving end of angry parents) =) I don't blame him!!! BUT...track season has started up and this is his cup of tea!! He used to be one of the best in Colorado in track and cross country. Last year we got to go to two track meets because of course the rest are far away. So far this year David and I have tried to be on the treadmill alot more. This makes him miss being in track! Yesterday David got on the treadmill before he came to pick me up from work and when he got there he told me that he was interested in working with the track team. I was excited to say the least!! So for the last two days we have been at track practice =) He has also started taking steps to become an official volunteer track coach (talking to the head of athletics, filling out forms, making a resume, and tomorrow he takes a class for certification). I am proud of him, I know this might be wishful thinking but I'm hoping that next year they will take him on full time as a track coach. It would be something that he loves, gets us more into the community, and he would be able to make a little extra money. It is nice to be able to go around town and have people recognize you and say Hi. Our teens love us-this is the original reason why he wanted to help with track-to help one of our teens get to state as a long distance runner. It's fun to be "Mom" at the track =) It is just one more way to prove our love for our teens-to prove that we are there for them! So starting this Saturday until the middle of May we will be going with the team for meets!! I am so excited!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How Awesome Kat!
I am so happy for you two! This is such an awesome opportunity for you and David!
Post a Comment