Okay so I talked about my number one woman =) my mom. Well here is where we both learned it from-Marmie. I love this picture cause it is a three generation picture on my wedding day. Marmie is the greatest. How do I explain her?!?! This falls under the "Who touched your life in a major way" and "Who taught you a skill that you use often." Marmie (her name is off of "Little Women" by the way) does everything! She cooks, cleans, sews, and works like a mad woman on the farm-she is: a jack of all trades. Marmie has taught me how to be a lady. She is one of the greatest hotess you will ever find. We could be sitting down for dinner and a vistor will drive in and within minutes they are sitting down with a plate full of food, eating, and not even realize it! The Skill?? Cooking-I have learned so much from standing next to her watching while she cooks for (honestly) who knows how many!! She taught me how to sew. You can take any piece of clothing to her and she can fix it, put it together and she makes the most beautiful dresses! Her house is always clean (even with the country dirt always blowing). My best memories of Marm are: riding in the Tractor and Combine with her(She always had the cleanest windows because of me) =), "doing" her hair (which included a comb, water bottle, and tons of bobbie pins) she never compained but she was always soaked by the time I was done, and her taking care of me when both of my parents had to work and I was sick. She has always been there-especially when I can't get a hold of my number one woman-my mom. So here's to Marmie!! The best Grandma in the World!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-08.jpg)
2 comments:
That is so awesome that you have a close relationship with your Grandmother.
I don't know my Grandmother real well, but I wish I knew her the way you knew yours. That's such a specail relationship!
Words cannot explain the magnitude of that woman!
Post a Comment