Saturday, March 21, 2009

Women #6-Katherine Pierson

I don't have a picture of Katherine but I would like to go on with this one. About a month ago we went to basketball game in Hatch. The girls game went okay even though we lost but no major problems. Then came the boys game...and you know how parents can get. Well a group of praents had showed up for the boys game and sat up not far behind David and I, The game was going okay-I enjoyed watching the boys this time because they have gotten much better and it was actually a pretty good game! After half-time things started to get rough and one of the moms (an "upstanding" person in our community) started yelling at the coach "telling" him that he should use all of the players. Her son was getting to play!!! and she was still yelling at the coach from across the court! People tried telling her to sit down cause one she was being loud and two she stood the entire game so people couldn't see around her! After a little while the coaches wife-Katherine finally had to get up and had to leave cause she couldn't stand hearing it anymore. She didn't try yelling back at the lady of doing anything she just left. After the game she was standing by the door and on the way out I stopped and told her that I was sorry she had to hear all of that. Her answer..."I guess I just have to have big shoulders sometimes." That really got to me-sometimes in the ministry you just have to have "big shoulders." It's not always easy but it's not worth the arguement. So I guess this goes under "Inspires" She is a great teacher and handles things very well when people go against her husband. I hope to be more like that.

2 comments:

Traci said...

What a great example of self control and grace.

SavedbyGrace said...

good post