Monday, February 23, 2009

A Good Sunday

Things have been kind of busy around here. Like Normal. =) I keep thinking about yesterday and all that expired! I am so thankful for pastors! Our Pastor's wife had to be out of town on a family emergency so I got the experience of preparing a Sunday School Lesson, My Jr. Church Lesson and My Lesson for My Teen Girl Class on Sunday nights. It was insane-I can't imagine how much work pastors have to go through in preparing four sermons/lessons a week and trying to keep them straight. I had the honor of being able to sing twice in one day too (I've always wondered if I could do it) =) And to top it all off I got to lead one of my Jr. Church girls to the Lord!!! She got baptized a long time ago but I don't think she understood what she was doing. Last week I did a lesson on salvation and to be honest I think it was the best I have done on getting salvation across to the kids. She told me last week that she needed to be saved but I asked her to think about the lesson because of her being baptized I wanted to make sure she understood. Well this week we got done with everything and were started in on making get well cards for our pastor's daughter (poor girl got sick while her mommy was gone!!) and this little girl told one of the teen helpers that she needed to get saved. So I took her out in the hall and got to sit down with her and she understood completely what she was doing and what happened. I even had David question her afterwards to make sure. It was cool-I know it got through cause David asked her if she was to go home and lie to her mom would that mean that she had to get saved again and she said no. He asked her how she knew that and she held out her hand like she was holding a baby bird in her hand as she said, "Cause God has me in his hand." How awesome is that?!?! Over all it was a crazy but wonderful, awesome day.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Very, very awesome! I wish I could've gone with Esther, but I'm glad that she was able to go. Sounds like you did a great job though. So good that you and your hubby are there!

SavedbyGrace said...

Thanks for always taking care of things :)
Also for having the kids make abby cards, she loved them and told me all about them.
So who got saved? I think that's just awesome and you are doing a wonderful job with the kids. Abby always tells me about you she has learned in your class!