Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008



Christmas has been really good this year! David and I had decided to stay home for the holidays this year but then we found out that his niece (the only niece/granddaughter on his side of the family) would be in Denver for Christmas. So David's parents' present to us this year was flying us out there, as I refuse to drive that way anymore because of the snow and ice (I know I'm a whimp-that's okay). =) I was a little worried about how things would go because for some reason I have had a hard time with Becca (David's sister) having a living child and I don't. While there I finally figured it out and was able to get over it and enjoy my time there! I know it was absolutely childish and stupid but I think that competition is something that we all have to deal with and thankfully I was able to deal with before it affected anyone there. David and I enjoyed a couple of days just us and his parents and one brother before the crowd arrived and it was very relaxing. David's family has the philosophy of when you are with family like this it is: "late nights-early mornings" so the last two nights we were there David and I got about 4-5 hours of sleep each night. So to say the least by the time we got home we were exhausted and are still trying to catch up on our sleep. All in all it was a good trip. David got to go to a Nuggets game with a couple of his brothers and nephews. I got an all girls day out with my m-i-l, two s-i-l, and my niece (who I got to hold ALOT) =) We went for pedicures, shopping and out for soup, salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden. I am glad that we got to go and actually got all of the family together. I am looking forward to my time in Kansas at the end of this month (actually the third week) for more fun with family.

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I am so glad you guys got to go for this! I was wondering how things would go with abbigail, but she is kinda hard not to oogle over! We had the same "late nights/early mornings" this weekend. That is how we always were with family. We pull out all stops when family is in town! They are so much more precious than sleep! Can't wait for you to be here!