This is an update on how things are going with David & I. It has been really crazy around here! As many of you know I have been subbing at the elementary schools, I wasn't sure when I signed up to take the class and to start subbing how much I would work. I had several teachers tell me that if you are a good sub than they will work you every day if you'll let them. I didn't believe them but it has been true (not that I'm a good sub-I'm still learning) but I have been working at least three days a week! It has been a major learning experience for me. The other day I was finishing up a four day stretch with one class & the kids were lining up to leave for p.e. (there were 22 kids & four of them were special ed) one of the S.E. kids had a pen & the other kids kept telling me that it was Ms. Cleary's pen. So I asked him to give it to me (he had a habit of taking things) but he said no & kept it in his pocket. I tried to taked it from him but he kept saying it was his & that his mom had given it to him. Finally I got it from him & told him that I would keep it until the next day. If it was his then his mom could send a note & Ms. Cleary would give it back to him. So he threw a fit & I had to end up sending the kids on & then go to the office for "back-up" (someone else to be there to witness trying to deal with him...). Mr. Hopkins the principal came back with me & took him to the office- All the while he is still crying but I didn't know what else to do?!?! Finally Mr. Hopkins sends him to p.e. with everyone else since it was time to leave anyways. So I walked him over to the gym & because I don't have a key for the outside doors I had to walk all the way around. By the time I got back to my class room the kids were on the bus & Mr. Hopkins was looking for me. He had talked to the dad & the dad said that yes that was his pen. Over the weekend he had seen a movie that made him think that if you have a pen in your pocket it means you are a genius soo... The next morning I went to tell the class they needed to apologize to him. I was going to apologize also so the kids would know that I was wrong too. When I went in to see them he wasn't there- so I explained things to the class & told them that when they saw him they needed to apologize to him. I finally saw him today in Walmart and I finally got to apologize to him! He said he forgave me... I feel better! =)
On another note...Thursday David and I went to Cruces for my six month appoinment with Dr. Wash (the doctor that I took chemo under). Everything looks really good. My CT Scan that I had in October looked good- she said if anything would have grown back or if there was a new growth it would have been visible by now. So she has ordered that I still have my HcG levels checked once every three months for the next year. After my last chemo treatment in June we were told that we had to wait till at least June of next year to start trying again, and in some ways I have been cleared by both doctors but I want it to be God's timing-I don't wish for any pressure. Last night as I lay in bed I wanted to get excited knowing that I could have only six more months left but then of course my mind started working overtime and I ended up being scared instead of excited and was reminded that we are not ready yet. When we are ready then God will let us know and will give us the peace of mind that we need to start trying again. I am thankful for all of the support but I don't want alot of "Are you pregnant yet?" "Have you started trying?" I'm not the only one that is still healing from Keagen and the miscarriage. For some reason this year the holidays are hitting alot harder than last year-I think we were still pretty numb last year. I am thankful for God's timing. Sorry this is so long but I haven't blogged for a while so I guess I'm making up for it =) Thanks for reading-let me know what you think!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I <3 your background! what a rough situation at school. It's so hard to know when kids are lying or telling the truth!
hugs friend I'm praying for you daily.
PS it's okay to tell me when you disagree with me. Two mature people can agree to disagree. ;0P
I know how you ffel about getting excited and scared all at the same time! And I haven't been through any of what you have to scare me. I think about having kids and at first I'm excited, then reality sinks in. I can't imagine people having kids without 100% peace from God!
Post a Comment