Sunday, December 21, 2008

Friendships

I have been thinking about the many different friends that I have and our different personalities that make our friendship special. You don't ever stop learning and growing as you get older you just learn how to deal with people and life a little better each day and it is those different friends that help you get through it.
Esther-we are always giving each other a hard time about her being the wild child and I always like things to be organized but it is our differences that make our friendship so fun. God put us together to work here and it has been funny to watch how we even each other out wither it is dealing with things at church or just talking as friends just to bounce ideas and thoughts off the other. Some times I get irritated with things that we disagree on or that we do different but I am glad that there isn't a bunch of me or a bunch of Esther's in this world but that we are each unique in who we are. So I am thankful for my "wild child" friend-for her friendship and Opions =) {also for my beautiful niece and nephew =) and her love for my son.. }
Alyssa- We have been through so much!! It was so much fun watching my brother date a girl from Texas- when they got married I was excited but I knew there would be alot to be dealt with and for a while it got rough but I can honestly say I have one of the best sister-in-laws in the world. Our friendship has grown so much and it has been nice to have someone to talk to who understands a different side of the problem... =) We have had so much fun comparing ideas and call each other just to cry. I am proud of the woman my sister has become and her growth in the Lord. I am proud to have her as "My Sister".
Lawana-I seem to get these women who have the decorating style that I like but because of who I am, I prefer in my house that it be different but I still like theirs! (hope that made sense)Lawana has been like a mom to me and has told David and I that if she could replace her kids with us-she would love to! =) She has been through alot of what I have and understands alot of it. I think that I am helping her get through some of the pain that she hasn't let herself take the time to deal with. I'm not sure if there is something specific just the friendship that means alot to me.
My MOM-Everything... I couldn't begin to tell it all but I hope she knows how much I Love her and appreciate everything she has done for me and has talked me through.
My Best Friend-My Husband- once again-can't go into every detail, not enough room but he is my ever present companion and friend. The Lord outdid himself putting us together despite all those who didn't want us together or thought we wouldn't last. I couldn't imagine my life with out him.
As Christmas approaches I am thankful for all the friendships that I have made over the years. Each and every one of them reminds me of the true meaning of Christmas and the ever giving gift of love and time.

1 comment:

SavedbyGrace said...

thanks Kat.It really meant a lot to me! And just so you know, it never bothers me when we disagree on something! ;0] what have we ever disagreed on???
You forgot to add that you love our friendship because i add Asian spice to your life LOL