Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finances are a pain in the behind...

I feel like talking but I don't want to actually talk =) This is the part of the holidays and well... life that I don't like-finances. It seems like just about the time you start to get ahead or finally get to the point you can start getting ahead something comes along and wipes it all out. It doesn't help that the prices of everything has gone up!! I have been working like crazy but it doesn't seem to help!! Today David told me that the money that he gets from my check is covering for the hike in the price of living-so we aren't getting ahead at all!!! =( It is so frustrating living like this!! I get tired of it! We are working ourselves like crazy and can't get ahead! We don't go out to eat like we used to and I am working a job right along with David. He has been putting in more hours than required because of me working plus all the normal things that we did before I got a job. I honestly think we need a huge vacation but once again it takes money... Welcome to the real life I guess huh?
On the other hand- I have had the opportunity to talk about Keagen to some people lately and it never ceases to amaze me how God has used his life to bless others. I talked to a lady a couple of days ago-her niece just lost a baby after going full term. It has been extremely difficult for her. Even more than that she has the same doctor I do here in town and tonight my doctor told me that she hasn't gotten to the crying stage of grief yet. I have given her aunt my number and my doctor is going to tell her she can talk to me if she needs to. Lord willing I will be able to turn my grief into a help for someone else. My doctor told me that she is amazed at how strong I have been. I don't feel strong at all. In fact I feel extremely small and insecure. I want to help people though because I understand how it feels to have people try to tell you how to grieve and there is absolutely no certain"way" to grieve-you have to do it in your own way. I understand what it feels like wanting someone to just shut-up and listen to you cry it out and not say a word at all. If I could be that for someone else I think it would make my grief seem that much less. When you reach out to others and care about other people it make you feel better about yourself. Pure selfish reasons =) j/k-maybe =)
This weekend is so crazy and insane!! Tomorrow I have to go to the bank, have an appointment, have to take Bambi to get her nails cut and give her a bath, then we have a Christmas lunch with friends. After that we have to come home and get ready for the teen Christmas party. Saturday- visiting, ladies meeting and jr. church Christmas party, and more visiting. Sunday is always busy and I am hoping that more people will be there just because it is the service before Christmas. Anywho I probably won't blog again before Christmas-so Merry Christmas to All!!

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

ah Kat, I'm sorry if I don't offer more of a listening ear. I hope you know that I never think I know what it is like being in your shoes, but I do hurt for you and Bro. David. You're a dear friend and i love you!
Thankfully our lives and our finances are in the Lords hands... otherwise we'd really be struggling! Merry Christmas. and enjoy your vacation in Co.

Lyssa said...

I am glad your grief is able to be turned into helping others. When we help others through our grief it's nice to think that our loss wasn't in vain. And I can't wait for you guys to be here!! I know it's still a long ways away, but I'm ready!!! =)