Monday, January 12, 2009

The True Meaning of Living for Christ... Our Missionaries

I just talked to my mom on the phone and she told me that one of the greatest missionaries I have ever known passed away Dec. 30th. I had some what of a rough Sunday yesterday and have felt bad about how it all went but knew that it had to be done. Our teens in this day and age have lost all respect for each other, other poeple's things, and for authority. We have gotten a new set of teen boys in our youth group and some days they are uncrontrollable! They finally pushed me too far and I blew up last night. I can not handle blatant disrespect to adults especially when kids are trying to put adults against each other in order to get what they want. I coudn't handle it any more and finally had to be mean, when I got done have a discussion with them, I was shaking and it hurt to know that I had been pushed that far. I have been told that I am a pansie and that I never stand up for my self but that's not true! I just don't like to be mean cause I don't want people to treat me like that so I don't want to treat others like that. I have learned that people will treat you how they want to be treated...But to get back on subject =) I felt really bad about what happened last night but that doesn't match up to the hole in my heart for the loss of a dear friend (however distant the relationship was...) And everything that I have been through is nothing compared to the sacrifice that this man has given through his life and service for the God he loved with all his heart. I am ever grateful for the men and women who have given their lives for the ministry of Christ. How vain are we to think we have it so rough and fall into our pity parties when there are men out there like G.L. Baker who have suffer the worst and still gave his life to God. May my life be as full and blessed as his and may I give my best every day as we all know that this dear "little missionary" did.

1 comment:

SavedbyGrace said...

Your background is too cute. Maybe you can post something about this missionary? I would love to hear about him and his ministry.