Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Things God Does for Us =)

I keep meaning to write about this and I keep forgetting! There are three different stories but they all have meaning to me-hope you enjoy!
I have been wanting a china cabinet forever!!! About two weeks ago David and I were out visiting for Round-Up Sunday and we went to one house and they were so pleased to see us and have us visiting them. Now I had been there before but I had never seen the whole house, so she gave me a tour. As we were walking through, I notice a "dresser" in the guest bedroom and told her that I thought it looked neat. She told me "oh it's not a dresser! It's the bottom half of a china cabinet that I was thinking about selling in the yard sale tomorrow." I was so surprised! I asked if I could see the top part of it and she took me out into the garage... I asked her how much she was going to sell it for and she said $100! I thought that was a good deal since my S-I-L had paid that much for her's. Then this lady told me that if I wanted it she would sell it to me for $75! I went out and told David and he said that I could get it!! I was soo excited! BUT...when I talked to her that Sunday about when we would be able to get it-she said that she talked to her husband and they sold it to us for $50! Can you believe it?!? I finally got my china cabinet!!
Wait there's more!! =) I have been working so that we would have a little extra money and be able to get things for the house. We have wanted a good futon for a while so that when we had family over that would be an extra bed that could double as a couch. They are VERY expensive-especially one with a GOOD mattress! A Friend from the church called a month or so ago and told us about a woman that had to leave town in a hurry and was trying to get rid of everthing-so we went over just to look and to see if she needed any help and it ended up that she had a futon!! A Good One! We got it for a really good price! but more importantly we were able to help her out and David was able to pack her vehicle for her to get more things in there!
Oh wait there's more! =) I have been wanting really big pillows to go on the futon to make it a little more homey and had talked to another lady in the church about making them myself-but yesterday when we were out, we stopped off at Alco and I found the exact pillows that I wanted!! I thought they were a really good price (for that size of pillow) and I talked my husband into getting them! =) But as we were walking around the store a little more I got to thinking that maybe we were spending too much money and that it could wait-but my wonderful husband (who rarely ever tells me no) told me it was okay and that we would make it work so we headed up to the counter and guess what?!?! They were half off!!!! I was so excited! God always takes care of us! Even when it's things that we WANT but don't necessarily NEED. I love how God works and for a husband that loves to take care of me!!

2 comments:

SavedbyGrace said...

How exciting Kat'! Isn't it amazing how REAL God truly is? I read your blog with a big grin on my face! God is always so good and so generous. It's about time David started giving in to what you want !LOL just kidding.

Lyssa said...

I love getting bragains. It's one thing to get something you really want/need but it's automatically bragging rights when it's a steal! Good job on your hutch, I can't wait to see it. Who knows, maybe I'll get to try out the futon too!