Friday, November 21, 2008

One Big Blessing =)

I have been reading other friend's blog and some of them are trying to write one thing a day that they are thankful for. Also, our Thanksgiving Service is coming up on Wednesday and I have been trying to think of things to be thankful for. Last year I wasn't able to stand up and say something because I think that I was still kind of mad at God for taking my son. In my mind all I could think is "What do I have to be thankful for? I just lost my son and I don't care about anything else right now." This year hasn't been a walk in the park but that's not an excuse-there are still pleanty of things to be thankful for. So this year my biggest blessing is my husband. He has always been there for me. Today he told me that even from the time we were dating I have always been his best friend. A couple of months ago David was trying to get life insurance on him and I fought it hard-I can't imagine my life without him! I fought him over and over on it, telling him that he didn't need to get it right now and that we would worry about it later. He kept saying that if something happened to him-he wanted me to be taken care of. With everything that had happened with Keagen, my mind can't wrap around the thought of losing another person in my life but the more I thought about it I knew in my heart it was the best thing for him to get the insurance. The last couple of days have been really nice, we have had some wonderful times together in the two and a half years we have been married. Today I got to help him clean the church and I am thankful for what he does! Because of subbing at the schools I haven't been able to help him at the church lately and I forgot how much there is to do! It is amazing how we has humans get extremely lazy! My wonderful husband works so hard and hardly ever complains about it! He normally goes to work when I do (7:30-8:00) comes to eat lunch with me and then he goes back to work usually until I get off (2:40-3:10). I think my husband is the best Youth/Assosiate Pastor there is! He does everything under the sun from visiting and driving the bus to pick up kids to cleaning the church and printing the bulletin (which looks very professional and he made it himself I might add) =) So my Blessing this year and the thing I am most thankful for is my husband and our marriage/friendship =)
Ps. This has been re-edited-I feel like I might have been a little too bold in some of my statements...sorry

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

This brings tears to my eyes. The hardest part of watching you two go through what you have is watching the pain. The best part, however, is to think God gave you the other one knowing what you were going to walk through together. He knows what we want and need even when we don't!