Thursday, October 16, 2008
The Children of Today
I have been subbing at the elementary schools here in T or C for over a month now and it never stops amazing me to see how different children act. Today I had to break up a fight between two thirds graders and had to make them apologize to each other. I go to work and watch these kids and you can tell what their parents are like and what home life is like just by what they do at school and how they react to different situations. It frustrates me to no end when I see these children get mad and throw fits all because they came to school mad or hurt because of something going on at home. Parents have stopped paying attention to their children, there is no consistency, or real discipline. They no longer teach their children to be respectful of talking adults, to respect each others privacy or to be kind and gentle to each other. I worked in pre-k today (I know I said I broke up a fight-that was lunch duty) and to see the bright faces and eagerness to learn was refreshing. It hurts when David and I try to help our bus kids and teens understand right from wrong but then the parents are doing the exact opposite from the bible and yet they want their kids to do right. Sometimes I wonder how David and I will be as parents and when I start thinking about it I have to start praying. All I have to say is that I hope and pray that God will use us to reach these kids, they are our future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The kids in this town (oye) and their parents are usually worse. But I believe that's why our church is here. We need to reach out more to make a difference. But God definately has a plan for you working with these kids. And I have no doubt that you guys are gonna make great parents :) (nice to see you posting =]
Post a Comment