Monday, August 24, 2009

The End of August

Well it is almost the end of August and school has started. I have worked two of the first four days and I have tow days lined up for next week. This week is kind of up in the air right now because I am waiting for my grandparents to call me back to see if I am going to CA or not. My great-aunt Julia passed away this last week and my grandparents are planning on driving down for the funeral and I really don't want Marm to have to drive with those cray California drivers, so I may be driving them down-we'll see.
On another note because it is the end of August I feel obligated to let people know that David and I will be taking a two month break from "trying" because that would land delivery in June/July of next year and those aren't the best months for us to be having a baby. So for September and October there will be a break.
I am excited about going back to work. I'm not sure why I love substituting so much but I love being around the kids and the different teachers. I have made so many friends in the community through all of this and it makes me feel good to know that I know people outside of church and that I'm not so totally consumed with church stuff that I have lost focus of the community. There are alot of great people out there, you just have to reach out and say Hi once in a while.
Here's a story for you... David and I needed the schedules for the upcoming sports season and our passes for all the games (which saves us a ton of money BTW) and so we headed to the high school! As we walk we are immediately recognized and one of the secretaries looks at David and says... "They are on the wall" =) She knew exactly what we were there for and as we left she also told us that she would see us around at all the games. I guess this makes me thankful that my husband isn't the type to just sit around waiting for teens to walk in the door. He wants to go to all the games, not only to show support for our teens but it allows us to talk to other people and as they get to know us they start thinking about coming to church!
Oh yeah! the end of August also means that fall is coming and that means that the holidays are almost here and I am extra excited about the holidays this year!!! I'm not yet ready for summer to be over with but I am ready for the holidays =)

1 comment:

Lyssa said...

I'm excited for the holidays too! I can't wait for you to be here with us and our little bundle! I REALLY hope you get to be there for it! Wish you could be here to help me get things ready... oh well, I'll get it done I suppose.