Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Tomorrow Part 2
Tomorrow it will be two years since Keagen and my Grandma passed. I'm not sure how to feel about that. I don't know that it really hit me that my grandma had passed until last year. I was still running on shock and grief when we burried Keagen on Thursday (the 26th) and had to drive to Kansas that day to bury my grandma the next day (the 27th)! So I really didn't get to deal with my feelings over losing Grandma. I wasn't really close to her but I know that it was difficult for my family. Whenever I think about Keagen and Grandma I can't help but think about the day they both passed. We had just found a church that was willing to help us out with a place so that we could stop paying for motel rooms (for six people) and we had just gotten settled in (as much as you can) and we were getting ready to head back to the hospital becasue some of the church people had come to visit and we wanted to see Keagen again before we went to evening church service. Right as we were getting ready to load up my Dad gets a call...Grandma (his mom) had just passed. I had tried to make my Dad stay with Pops and Grandma when Keagen was born and everything started to happen but Pops sent him to me. We all knew Grandma's time was limited but it didn't make my descion later that evening any easier. There are times I still feel guilty over my Dad having to lose his mom and his first grandson on the same day but once again God is powerful and has helped my Dad heal in an amazing way.
God is Good All the Time. It is our choice of wither we accept that goodness or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Everyone was so torn on where to be and with whom. Pops said several time when we were with him and Grandma that he knew she wouldn't make it and that she would want him to be with you and your family, but still didn't feel right about leaving her. We tried desperately to leave and go to El Paso, but still knew that Pops needed someone here. As much as it hurt to be with one and away from the other, God knew where we needed to be and I'm glad to say that's where we were! I love hearing your story of this. I know so little of what happenned and am glad you are able to tell more now.
Post a Comment