Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life...Camp, Parking Lot Sale, and the Craziness Conintues =)

I know I always say that things are extremely crazy around here but it always is!!!! I feel like we haven't slowed down in over a month! We are gearing up for camp and to be honest I am kind of nervous! Last year I had an awesome group of girls and really didn't have to worry about any of them. This year I have three, possibly four new girls going and our youth group is totally different from the group last year. Our youth group has completely change twice in the three years that we have been here. You know-you lose some, you gain new ones and of course little things happen. I want to be a good example to these girls and I want them to be excited about going to camp, meeting new friends and most importantly draw closer to God and possibly make life changing descions. Also to be honest I am a little nervous because it will be the first time that our Pastor and his family will go with us and I really want them to like the camp and see that David and I are trying our hardest to reach these teens and help them grow spiritually and that although we may make mistakes we are still trying our best. The other things that are coming up in our life right now is: school is ending so I am having a girls evening at our house and I really want them to get to know each other and have fun; our parking lot sale is coming up and I really want it to go great! We need the money and the support of the church and community for our teens. AND of course camp!!! It is in four weeks!! I have always loved camp and have started praying for the speakers, the trip, the workers (my mom included) =) and of course our group. If there is one thing that I have ahd to learn over the last couple of weeks is to finally turn things over to God cuase it doesn't do me any good to get worked up and try to figure things out on my own when God has a plan and it is WAY better than anything I could ever come up with! So anywho I had better get off of here-it is turning into a book! =)

1 comment:

SavedbyGrace said...

Don't worry about us. we already know that you guys work hard and love the teens. we all have areas that we can improve in and I personally know that even pastor has felt conviction in this area. we could all work harder,pray harder and depend on God more, but that is all a part of the growing process and working together :) I'm really looking forward to going this year!