Thursday, September 10, 2009
Long Term Subbing
I have been subbing since the fourth for this one teacher. She found out the day before school started that she has breast cancer and I believe she had the surgery yesterday and starts radiation Monday. Anyhow I am scheduled for her through the 22nd but I think most likely I will finish the week out (25th). The kids the last couple of days have been crazy! I have one problem child... He goes to our church..... So last week I had, had enough of his goofing around and it made me cry-His grandma got called in and ended up taking him home. After school I went over to their house and got things straightened out-we all agreed that I was too emotionally attached. So Tuesday she came to school with him and sat there with him as a part of his punishment. Come to find out today it wasn't punishment to him, he thought it was great! So today he ask her to come to school with him and of course she says no so...... This morning he cuts on his desk with his scissor-I make him sign the behavior chart. Then this afternoon I have the three other kids that are in his group say that he said the "sh" word (and no it's not shut-up-I asked and he admitted to say it). Well he said that the girl next to him said "(T) poopy pants-pass it on" all three kids denied that. He didn't believe me when I told him that and so went back to his desk and said " (H) pooped her pants-pass it on" He had been mouthing me through out the day and not listening so I told him that was not right and sent him to the office. Grandma came t pick him up and she was ticked!!! The principal said I did right and he doesn't even know what to do with this kid anymore! Oh and the rest of the class had a hard time settling down today but once again after (T) leaves the quiet down a little more. Oh yeah the whole class is tired of him being in there because one of us teachers is always having to get on to him and the class is getting tired of it! Any suggestions?! or comments?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh dear.
This is so tricky being that they are church memebers. at the same time I think L knows that you aren't just picking on T, but that maybe T just has behaviour issues.
I would pull his desk to the back of the class, by himself. tell him that he will sit there alone, if he misbehaves his face gets turned to the wall. no warning. if he continues to misbehave he will get sent home. I would do something fun for the kids so that he feels as if he is missing out. Maybe a special task for the best behaved.Sorry you have to deal with it =[
Post a Comment